Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday uniform

Today is Hawaiian shirt day at work! Okay, this is not as corny as it sounds. Some of the folks at my company decided to pay homage to the classic movie Office Space, which has a scene where the boss (Lumbergh) tells his employees that this Friday they can where a Hawaiian shirt and jeans. In the movie, the revelation was received with less than enthusiasm i.e. no reaction at all after the announcement, which made the scene even funnier. Some of my coworkers and I actually went shopping for the distinctive shirt but all we could find were big manly sizes. So the mission turned into which one of us women can take this big ugly Hawaiian shirt and make it fashionable. I have to say that I was pretty impressed with today's outcome: One woman put a trendy thick white belt over her big Hawaiian shirt - Very chic! Another woman wore the big shirt unbuttoned over top a long tank and tied the big shirt into a knot at her ribcage with the two ends - Very sexy. I tucked the big shirt into my jeans after cinching it at the waist in the back, which left the front clean and sleek, and the back a slight droop. I topped off the look with a skinny yellow belt through the belt loops of my jeans. Don't worry, it was very cute considering!

No comments: