Monday, June 09, 2008

Where am I?

I took a plane last weekend to Columbus to see and hang out with some old friends just because. My girlfriend and I went to the spa for deep treatment facials, which I was really looking forward to and boy did my skin need it. I did some shopping (of course) at some local boutiques. I also went out both nights last weekend and I have to say that I was sort of confused. What were these girls wearing? I felt like I was in Miami or Las Vegas somewhere. I mean these girls wore zero clothing! Granted it was probably the hottest night of the year; the humidity was excruciating. I wore a spaghetti strap v-neck below-the-knee jersey dress with silver 4-inch strappy sandals. My crew and I were simply cute, but the Columbus girls last weekend looked like they just stepped out of a music video or a XXX club. Heck had I known Columbus was getting down like this these days I would have been happy to oblige. Out were short-shorts, midriffs, cleavage, heels high as mountains that made my platforms look like those stupid crocs. I own such attire but they are usually reserved for places where nobody knows my name!

No comments: