Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Shopping spree

I was walking around downtown with my girlfriend who was in town on business when we discovered the cutest little boutique. "Let's go in" she said... OK! CATCH22 is such a cute little shop with a young female owner. It has a men's side and a women's side, with of course most of the inventory dedicated to women. Man there were some cute stuff in there, and stuff I'd never seen before; very innovative and creative clothes. I wanted everything in there. Dresses, trousers, jeans, tees, et cetera, but not your typical style. I loved how they placed throughout the store framed pictures of celebrities who don some of the purchasable items. I also loved that the price points were from the low end to kind of pricey. A little something for everyone. My girlfriend purchased a really cute bag. She was hesitant to pull the trigger initially because it was a big bag (I love big bags) and it was silver. I convinced her to buy it and she did. Did I mention that I wanted everything in there? Reality set in and I only purchased a few tops that are so cute that I'm already planning their reveal. I also picked up a pair of Kasil jeans designed by David Lim. The tops were reasonably priced, but the jeans were a bit up there. There were many other items in the boutique that I wanted to acquire but I decided to be relatively good. There was a bright red dress and I keep thinking about it. It did not come in small and I could have tried on a medium, but was advised against it. It would have been a great addition to the wedding invitation wardrobe, but oh well. I'm quite happy with what I did decide on.

No comments: