Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The extra long legging

I'm going to a birthday party this weekend and I've already started to plan my outfit. On a recent trip I got the chance to read my Harper's Bazaar September issue (great issue by the way) and ran into the cutest look from the Marni fall 2007 ready-to-wear collection. It wasn't so much the dress that I was focused on, but the extra-long legging that seemed to go for miles and miles but stopped just past the metatarsus of the foot. This accessory worn with a high-heel pump, I couldn't remove my eyes from the page. This is one of those dare-to-be-different looks where you won't notice too many gals able to pull it off. Me? I'm giving it a shot. I'm not getting a consultation or a second opinion, I'm just going to do it. This picture from style.com illustrates the trend very nicely. I love the appearance of this being more than your basic legging but not quite a tight, which is traditionally covered-foot. It's like ordering General Tso's chicken instead of Seseme chicken for dinner. This trend at Marni is General Tso's chicken giving your short dress a little kick!

1 comment:

Babs said...

are you going to sport the furry hand mits as well?