Friday, February 06, 2009

Chick Flick released

When the relationship advice book He's Just Not That Into You released in 2005 it was one of the most in-demand items to hit pop culture. The authors even appeared on the Oprah show. There is no surprise they'd make a movie out of it. This weekend the anticipated movie has finally released with an all-star cast. Since I'm interested in relationships and advising my friends on theirs, I for one cannot wait to see the movie and how they will depict dating in the 21st century. Out of curiosity though I checked out some professional reviews about the film and guess what, they're not too good. Rolling Stone called it "a woman-bashing tract disguised as a chick flick". The LATimes called it "a bit like a weightless swirl of cotton candy with a mere second of sweetness..." I never expected Oscar nominations out of this film, just a few good laughs and two hours of entertainment. Let's hope the viewers get that. Let me know what you think of the movie.

No comments: