Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Never too soon

I was in H&M (out of state) with my girlfriend hoping to find some inexpensive summer outfits. I managed to pull out of there some dressy tees, cute short-sleeved button-ups for work and seductive clubbing tops. My girlfriend and I were trying on the clothes in the middle of the store because you know the dressing rooms are always ridiculously crowded. Just as we continued walking around the store loading up on magnetic clothes dripping over our arms, I spotted it: a black satin full bell finely pleated skirt! I immediately thought New Year's Eve party or company holiday party. What is this doing out on display in the store and available for purchase in July! Then I remembered the fashion world is always a step ahead, maybe 5 steps ahead. Anyway, I had to have it and at $50 it was a no-brainer. I have no top in mind for it at the moment, but I was blown away that H&M could have such a classy photogenic piece. The skirt hits at my calves so I'm thinking a tall heel, a subtle solid-color top and accessories will pull the look together. I'll be the bell of the ball!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will look lovely!