Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shopaholics or just plain crazy

Today my town had a snow storm. We got over four inches of snow and the county issued a weather advisory emergency, which means do not go out and drive unless absolutely necessary. So why the heck were there so many people shopping in my store today?! If I had my choice there was no way I was driving into work to presumably stare into space, but people braved the storm, came in and looked around and bought stuff! I really shouldn't be complaining as it is always good for the store to make money, but I was so annoyed this morning by having to scrape snow off my car and stomp through slush that I was in no mood to deal with customers. Luckily our mall decided to close down entirely four hours early, which my coworker and I were beyond excited about. But crazy shopaholics were in our boutique until the last possible moment trying on the whole store! I suppose it could have been worse, the mall authorities could have decided not to shut down early and make us drive on the slippery streets after sunset, and the store could have made zero money today. Okay my gripe is over now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any type of bad weather brings out the shoppers. I've been on both sides and it's a love/hate relationship. LOL